Monday, January 23, 2012

Quick Hello!

Hello from the Barat clan! It's been since the holidays since we've posted anything here, which to me feels like a LOOOOONG time ago! We're well into the new year, and looking forward to our upcoming trip to Cabo!!!

Addison is especially excited, as she thinks we are taking a trip to Mexico specifically to see Dora the Explorer and her friend Boots the Monkey. Thanks Uncle Grant! Ever since Grant sent a picture of himself with a life-sized Dora (work event), Addison has been fixated on meeting Dora. She's practicing her Spanish and has the basics down - hola, gracias, me llamo Addison. It should be HILARIOUS to watch her interacting with the locals and attempting to speak their language. She'll talk to anyone who will listen. :)

Little Isla continues to learn new words and phrases every day. She's stringing 4-5 words together at this point (mostly in the form of a demand!), which is truly amazing. She says things like "Daddy take it down", "Mommy, kiss it!" when she has a boo-boo, "I don't like it", "Turn the light on", and "Want to read books" just to quote a few. She's also OBSESSED with dolls of all types - baby dolls, Barbie dolls, Disney dolls...if it's a doll, she wants it. She's very protective of her dolls too. "Baby crying" and "Baby hungry" are two of her other favorite catch phrases. We had a belated holiday gift exchange and dinner with Guy, Heather, Carly and Cassie on Saturday, and the mermaid doll that Cassie received from us was a big hit with Isla. So big that I took her to Target on Sunday and got her one of her own. She was SO cute sitting in the cart saying "Thank you mommy! Mermaid! Open it, open it!" I can't tell you how many times she said thank you. She also sings along to the Disney Princess songs we play in the car. Songs from Tangled are her favorite.

Unfortunately I don't have too many new pictures, except for a few from my phone, including the special afternoon Addison and I spent together a couple of weeks ago getting manicures and hitting Dairy Queen for a treat. Addison was asking me for weeks to get her nails painted, so I finally took her to the place I go and she had a blast! She charmed everyone in the place and was the perfect patron, holding very still and letting her nails dry completely without smudging anything. I may have created a monster....


Judith's birthday dinner - she doesn't look a day over 45! ;)





Amazing sushi boat at Masu, the picture doesn't do it justice - we're hitting this spot again for DJ's birthday at the end of February

Addison's fancy mani! They painted flowers and suns on all her nails



Happy with her Dairy Queen treat





No comments:

Post a Comment