Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Baseball Baby Shower

I love a good party. I love to HOST a good party. Most of all, I love to host a good party for a great person. Last Friday I had the chance to do that when I had about 20 people from work over for a baseball/sports themed baby shower for my sweet-as-pie co-worker, Janell. She's due with her first baby boy on none other than my birthday - April 15th! I hosted one work shower here before, and since I go all out and spare no detail, there were many hints that it would be great if I could do it again. A lot of work for a gal with not a lot of time, but I love it and gladly offered up my "services" ;). I started to poke around with Janell as far as colors, etc. that she was going for in the baby's room because I knew it would be a well thought out plan. She comes from Merchandising at Target, so is very sassy, fashionable and appreciates quality and fluidity in aesthetic. In other words, she's as picky and anal as me when it comes to things looking just so. Janell sent me a few pics of baby boy's room, which is all Pottery Barn and a vintage sports theme - navy blues, reds, white and brown. She and her husband are big sports fans so I went with that and veered towards baseball as the sport of choice. My vision resulted in a pretty cute bash that was highly enjoyed by all. My awesome co-workers pitched in with food and drinks, games and prizes. Janell had 3 showers and gushed that this was her fave by far. But the best part was when DJ brought Addison and Isla over towards the end. They rushed in and literally hugged, kissed, amused and amazed everyone with their socially outgoing personalities. It was a great way to end a super fun afternoon.



I didn't get a good picture of the whole table cloth, but essentially I had a white table cloth and placed a navy blue piece of fabric down the center as a runner. To the runner I glued different ribbon, as pictured below. It turned out SOOOO cute! So if anyone ever needs this...let me know, as it's tucked away in a drawer now!


Veggie cups with dip in the bottom - much cuter than a veggie tray. These were a big hit

Janell's husband (who also works at Target) sent me a bunch of pictures of himself and Janell as babies/toddlers, which I put in frames and placed around the party. She almost cried when she saw them! Probably mostly because she couldn't believe Chris executed it without her knowing. ;)


Caprese skewers





Fruit tray





Drink station


Horrible picture, but was adorable in person. I hung sports related onesies with clothespins across the living room window. Made a great little gift for Janell to take home as well.




Picture of her hubby in the background with little chocolate "balls" in the dish






Baseball cupcakes from my friend Cade who literally makes the most heavenly cupcakes on the PLANET! Randomly, he was Debbie Gibson's personal assistant and just released his own album. So weird, I know! I told him he better keep on trucking with the cucake biz!

http://cakesbycade.com/index.html
I displayed baseballs in different ways throughout the party area





Yum - dessert tower!





When my boss was struggling with what she was going to bring, I gently "suggested" cookies decorated as baseballs and mitts. She laughed at me and told me I was nuts, but then ate her words when she saw how delicious and cute they turned out. :)




I didn't get any great pics of Janell, and she would KILL me if she knew I posted this, but here is the mama of honor. Love her!


No comments:

Post a Comment